We are looking for a long term investment...
We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
We are looking to recruit an experienced manager to join the team. You will be responsible for overseeing the team providing the day to day support of dealing activities for the Fixed Income Business working closely with the Fixed Income Dealing Desk.
The Desk trade a variety of instruments for business areas including Institutional, Internal, Retail Fixed Income, Macro Investment Business, Alternative Credit, Leveraged Finance, the Prudential Portfolio Management Group (‘PPMG’) and Prudential Capital (‘PruCap’). The Desk is a centralised function within the Fixed Income division with sole responsibility for the execution of fixed income orders on behalf of MAGIM. The Desk is situated amongst the Retail Fixed Income, Internal and Institutional Fund Management teams.
The team is responsible for ensuring all COB’s Sourcebook, ‘first line’ activities are reviewed by the desk, all query resolution in respect of the dealing desk and processes within, as well as providing regular reporting for the Dealing Management Committee, statistics as and when required, supporting the counterparty and execution reviews and representing the dealing desk on various projects where required.
You will be responsible for the following tasks
To manage and lead the team responsible for the day to day operations of the Fixed Income Dealing Desk, to resource appropriately and ensure that the needs of the Head of Fixed Income Dealing / Business Operations are supported.
To both oversee the two Dealing Desk Assistants and work alongside them to undertake the following tasks:
Dealing Desk Support:
• Help field all trade enquiries to and from dealers and prioritise all dealing desk responses.
• Undertake ad hoc tasks as and when required (e.g. Review of execution rates with the dealers annually, complete any counterparty breach forms, confirmation of novation process)
• Represent Dealers and Fixed Income Dealing Team at Investment Operations meetings
• Continual assessment and documentation of Dealing Desk Procedures
• Ensure that all controls in respect of COB’s monitoring are carried out as required
• Work with dealing desk to regularly review and update all dealing procedures and associated control documents
• Regular meeting with the settlements teams to resolve any issues
• Escalation and reporting of dealing errors where applicable
• Work with the FI dealing desk and internal teams to improve processes, address required system enhancements, implement positive change where necessary and update procedures accordingly.
• Resolve queries / issues on behalf of the Fixed Income Dealers.
• Investigate any Investment Management Losses on behalf of Fixed Income Dealing Desk.
• Generation of Hit Ratio’s / TCA / Counterparty Review Reporting both for quarterly / bi-annual counterparty meetings.
• DMC monthly requirements / analysis
What we are looking for
• Previous managerial experience
• Previous experience of Fixed Income instruments/dealing desk/operational processes/systems
• Previous experience of execution quality analysis and related MI oversight
• Excellent communication with the ability to liaise effectively with people at all levels
• Organised and able to prioritise appropriately
• Highly motivated, resilient and driven individual who is able to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Self-starter with a track record of working on own initiative
• High level of accuracy, and attention to detail
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.