We are looking for a long term investment...
We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
The Corporate Actions team is responsible for protecting client assets and ensuring systems are accurately updated as a result of voluntary and mandatory corporate events on bond and equity holdings.
Data is received into our Corporate Actions Manager system from a variety of external sources, where it is analysed, validated and interpreted, before approving for transmission to the fund management teams. Any complexities or nuances within events are additionally communicated outside of the system to ensure full understanding is received before elections are made.
The Corporate Actions team collate all fund manager elections and approve for release to the Custodian, following stringent checks at all significant points across the process.
Any resulting securities and/or cash is communicated from the Custodians and it is the team’s responsibility that the system is accurate, clearing down any reconciliation breaks.
The role requires interaction with fund managers, credit analysts, fund manager assistants, other Investment Operations teams and external counterparties, predominantly custodians.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Methodically undertake all elements of corporate action processing with high level of accuracy within deadlines. This includes analysing and validating multiple data sources to create the gold copy, lifecycle management, instructing custodians and clearing of daily cash and asset reconciliation breaks.
• Second check team members’ work throughout key stages within the process, and immediately raise suspected issues.
• Liaise directly with custodian banks, agents, market data services and occasionally directly with companies to fully understand the terms of events, including documentation and restrictions.
• Articulate corporate action information to personnel at all levels, especially when raising potential issues to management before they materialise.
• Adhere to the Corporate Actions Procedures and propose process improvements for risk mitigation.
• Proactively respond to queries from all internal and external parties, and develop and maintain relationships.
• Strive to provide an excellent level of service to the fund management teams.
• Agree deadlines and positions with custodians and brokers (when assets are on loan).
• Regularly raise issues within internal and external processes, for Manager Service Review meetings.
• Ad-hoc support to the other team members.
• Opportunity to support the Corporate Actions Manager with regular reporting, including MIS.
What we are looking for:
You will have equity and bond Corporate Actions experience from an Asset Manager, Custodian or Investment Bank. It is also important for you to be able to articulate the corporate actions process flow by SWIFT messages. You will have an understanding of Front Office Corporate Actions processes and will be proficient in using Microsoft (2016) Outlook, Excel and Word. Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills are essential for this position, as is excellent attention to detail and a strong desire for accuracy. You will be capable of working effectively under pressure and adhering to variable deadlines. A numerate and logical mindset is a must for this position, as well as being able to demonstrate high levels of initiative.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.