Energy, Originality, Conviction...
M&G Real Estate
We are not your average Real Estate investment business and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe's leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An opportunity has arisen for a Surveyor to identify opportunities to improve asset investment performance through leasing strategies, enhancement of planning or via change through refurbishment, alteration or redevelopment and to take the lead role driving asset management activities (including oversight of outsourced property management), with direct responsibility for delivery of landlord & tenant and leasing strategies (including lettings, rent review, lease renewal & restructuring), as approved via Asset Initiatives or within the Asset Plan.
Your Key responsibilities will be
• Preparing an Asset Plan for each property setting out the leasing & asset management strategy (including oversight responsibility for the property management content);
• Prioritising, co-ordinating, communicating and directing asset management activities arising out of approved Asset Plans to deliver investment performance;
• Implementing the asset strategy to achieve the objectives as set out in the approved Asset Plan, to maximise asset investment performance.
• Identifying and evaluating opportunities to enhance asset performance and seeking the approval of the Investment Manager to implement them (whether through the Asset Plan or through stand-alone Asset Initiatives);
- Identifying, negotiating and implementing initiatives including surrender/re-letting opportunities, re-gearing leases and reconfiguring properties to enhance the income return;
- Maintaining the leasing strategy, letting vacant premises and instructing letting agents where appropriate;
- Managing rent review and lease renewal caseloads, utilising resource as agreed with Team Leaders.
• Approving the property management strategy and objectives and overseeing implementation by the Property Manager, including the following:
- Ensuring that income is maximised and non-recoverable costs proactively managed & minimised;
- Ensuring that assets are kept "ready for sale" (other than where part of an agreed strategy) and supporting the Investment Manager with asset sales.
- Monitoring and reviewing, under the lead of the Investment Manager, the investment performance of assets against the appropriate IPD benchmarks. To contribute proactively in respect of asset management and leasing factors that may influence the hold / sale decision;
•Reporting progress made towards the achievement of the agreed asset objectives including leasing cases, voids and asset initiatives and contributing to such Fund reports as may be required.
• Organising and chairing asset review & letting meetings with relevant participants (as required), ensuring agreed actions points are documented, communicated and followed through.
• Providing relevant information to the appointed external valuers, attending valuation meetings in support of the Investment Manager as required.
• Provide Asset Management & Leasing advice to Investment Managers in support of prospective asset purchases, whilst maintaining awareness for introduction of assets identified with potential to deliver investment out-performance.
•Identifying and, subject to approval, appointing and negotiating the terms of appointment of leasing agents and other related consultants and monitoring their performance.
• Undertaking feasibility analysis, including valuation appraisal as required, in support of any recommendations requiring Investment or Fund Manager’s authority.
• Develop and maintain extensive business and market contacts. Proactively contribute to M&G RE’s Key Occupier Relationship Management programme.
• Sharing market information within M&G Real Estate to ensure, as appropriate, all Client Funds and colleagues benefit from this information. Contribute to sector focus groups.
• Ensuring the accuracy of all property data held on the relevant investment management systems and to keep systems up to date at all times;
• To understand M&G Real Estate’s Sustainability vision and apply the Sustainability Strategy demonstrating appreciation of costs and awareness of driving investment returns.
• To understand and demonstrate positive behaviours in line with our Attributes and Expectations.
• To understand the Health and Safety responsibilities appropriate for your role and ensure that they are undertaken in accordance with the relevant Company policies, procedures and guidelines. This includes responsibilities relating to your own H&S and others affected by your actions. Any concerns relating to H&S risks must be escalated to your line Manager and the Company’s H&S Manager.
• Fulfil regulatory requirements, including timely completion of all regulatory training and declarations.
What we are looking for
We are ideally looking for you to be a graduate or for you to have a post-graduate educational qualification in a related subject. (MRICS, FRICS)
You will need good knowledge of the property market through investment / asset management, agency or professional experience, with clear understanding of asset investment performance drivers.
You will need to demonstrate that you have the ability to lead and direct a multi-discipline professional team along with having articulate and numerate with good analytical skills.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.