We are looking for a long term investment...
We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
M&G is looking for a skilled PA to support the newly appointed Marketing Director. This is a senior PA role and involves provision of PA support to the Marketing Director and the wider Marketing department. The PA position has a broad remit and the PA is expected to play an active part in the smooth running of the team.
Objectives of the role:
• Provision of PA support to the Marketing Director
• Provision of support to the Marketing Business Manager
• Provision of administrative support to the wider Marketing team when required
• Support / cover to PA colleagues within the Marketing team
Your Key responsibilities will be:
• Maintain confidentiality at all times when handling sensitive and confidential matters
• Diary management and active time management for Marketing Director, e.g. ensuring time away from meetings
• Email monitoring and management e.g. ensure actions are carried out by the Marketing Director in a timely manner, respond / compose draft email responses for the Marketing Director when necessary
• Document production when required using MS Word and Powerpoint
• Support the Marketing Director with the annual appraisal process and filing quarterly Code of Ethics
• Arrange meeting rooms, video-/tele-conferencing facilities, catering, special equipment as required
• Manage expense claims for the Marketing Director
• Remain a point of contact when the team is out of the office
• Screen and prioritise telephone calls, take telephone messages
• Arrange travel requirements, including putting together any relevant itineraries
• Arrange Marketing Director Townhall sessions and Senior Management Team and broader team offsites
• Undertake general secretarial and administrative tasks such as filing and photocopying
Team management & support responsibilities
• Support for the Marketing Business Manager in department-wide team management e.g. desk moves, wider team and multi-stakeholder meeting set up
• Support the Marketing Business Manager in preparing department MI, reporting and budget information for planning and Board meetings
• Ownership of training, travel and entertaining budgets for the 5 marketing teams (invoices, reporting and budget management) ensuring the Marketing Business Manager has oversight of spend and department heads have clear line of sight on budget available including liaison with Finance to monitor spend
• Maintain the departmental intranet page and Yammer page to ensure timely departmental communication
• Onboarding and scheduling of work experience, grad and intern placements within the team
• Support to team BARTs – providing bandwidth where necessary
• Ownership of training approvals and logs for all department members
• Maintain Global Distribution Marketing Org Chart – updating with new joiners and leavers, circulate to colleagues
• Provision of holiday / sickness cover for other PAs as necessary
Act as team representative for internal systems and processes, staying up to do date with any related training (BART, recovery marshal)
What we are looking for:
We are ideally looking for you to have extensive PA experience in a highly demanding environment. Experience of supporting senior business leaders is essential along with a flexible attitude and willingness to deliver against a wide remit. Knowledge of the financial services industry is a significant advantage.
You will need to be a genuine team player with an interest in being part of the business and not just filling a support role. You will need to demonstrate excellent personal presentation and credibility with senior internal and external stakeholders.
It is important for you to have flexibility and willingness to undertake tasks outside usual areas of responsibility along with being highly pro-active – actively seeking opportunities to improve the teams’ efficiency without close management or direction
Required skills and experience:
• Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
• Strong time management and prioritisation skills
• Ability to interface effectively between different parts of the organisation.
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Standard office skills to a very high standard; Outlook, MS Word, MS Power Point and MS Excel.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills across a range of media
• Experience of travel and event organisation
• Experience of personally supporting senior business leaders
• Formal meeting management; agenda production and minute taking skills
• Structured, flexible and accurate work approach
• Proactive, friendly, ‘can do’ attitude
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.