Energy, Originality, Conviction...
Manager - Building Surveyor
Apply now Job no: 23082018PV
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Real Estate, Career Returners
M&G Real Estate
We are not your average Real Estate investment business and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe's leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
You will be providing support to the Development and Construction Team Manager in the delivery of specified activities of the Construction Team.
You will assist in the provision of support, guidance and advice to other disciplines and groups within M&G Real Estate on building and construction matters relating to both existing assets and potential acquisitions.
Your key responsibilities will be -
• General advice relating to development and planning issues
• General advice in relation to construction design and procurement • Input and comment on all construction related sustainability matters • Implementation of M&G RE construction related policies including but not limited to Health and Safety and Sustainability • Be committed to developing own skills and improving performance through evaluation of own performance and the identification and progression of areas for personal development • To proactively demonstrate the key elements of Building Our Service Relationships, particularly the top five elements, within all internal and external communications • To understand and demonstrate positive behaviours in line with our Attributes and Expectations. • To understand the company’s Sustainability vision and apply the Sustainability Strategy as appropriate for your role. • To understand the Health and Safety responsibilities appropriate for your role and ensure that they are undertaken in accordance with the relevant Company policies, procedures and guidelines. This includes responsibilities relating to your own H&S and others affected by your actions. Any concerns relating to H&S risks must be escalated to your line Manager and the Company’s H&S Manager.
• Applies to Building Surveying, Engineering, RCA, Capital allowances and will include Environmental when in place.
• Assist in the provision of guidance and advice to Asset Managers and Property Managers (as required) in relation to Building Surveying and Engineering Frameworks: - o The correct use of framework documents and (where required) appointment documents and construction contracts (plus standard amendments). o The management of projects procured through the Building Surveying and Engineering Frameworks • Assist in responding to specific framework and contract related queries from Asset Managers, Property Managers and framework suppliers. • Assist in the periodic review and update of framework appointments • Assist in the management of a framework performance review process. • Liaison with Asset Managers in relation to planned maintenance programmes where the work is intended to be processed through any of the frameworks.
Development Monitoring in support of Fund financing of projects developed by others
• Assist in appointing and managing external to undertake
o Scheme technical due diligence o Scheme monitoring o Financial monitoring • Assist in the collation of, commenting and advising on external reports
Property Due Diligence in support of Fund purchase and sales activity
• Assist in appointing and managing of external consultants including but not limited to consultants required to provide Building, Engineering and Environmental surveys and provision of Reinstatement Cost Assessments.
• Assist in the collation of, commenting and advising the Fund on reports produced by external consultants
What we are looking for
It is essential for you to have MRICS, or other industry related professional qualifications for this role.
We are ideally looking for you to have a post qualified experience in the following:
• Working with Construction and M&E Services contracts
• Undertaking Client representation • Managing technical due diligence • Construction matters across all the main asset types • Sustainability issues arising in the course of property development, maintenance and management • Managing third party Consultants and Contractors
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time 04 Sep 2018
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend www.m