Energy, Originality, Conviction...
We are working hard to build a technology foundation fit for a modern digital, insight-led, responsive business. This means we can offer an exceptionally broad set of exposure and growth opportunities to people pursuing a career in business technology.
Technologies we’ve been working with recently have included:
- Microsoft Azure cloud
- Serverless frameworks
- HD Insight
- Databricks analytics platform, Spark etc
- Adobe Experience Manager
You will be on the scheme for 18 months before you roll off permanently into a team and whilst on the scheme will have an opportunity to experience different disciplines as you rotate through Engineering, Delivery, Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Business Analysis and Data Analytics.
You’ll be assigned to multi-discipline feature team of 8-10 people, this unit will be your primary home in terms of day-to-day work. Every day is different - from running user research on new products that are coming to market; developing customer, advisor and operational experiences; to making new components and releases live in our production environment - as a member of a feature team you’ll get to experience all of these elements alongside the rest of your team.
You will receive comprehensive training programme to support you through the scheme along with up to date business, personal development and a work place mentor to help you navigate your way. You will receive regular feedback through rotation appraisals, allowing you to continue to develop throughout the programme.
What we’ve been doing recently
We’re making a series of significant changes across the Wealth Solutions business of Prudential UK as part of our contribution to make M&G Prudential the best loved and most successful savings and investments business. These changes are part of our strategy to modernise Prudential UK so that we can regain our reputation for innovation, reduce costs and become a truly digital business.
- Building a secure public cloud platform to enable our teams to deliver with minimal friction
- Building natural language conversational interfaces to give our customers a smooth experience, and our sales people a major productivity boost
- Working in multi-discipline feature teams, alongside designers, analysts, product managers, user experience specialists and information security experts
- Exploring the latest container orchestration platforms, then selecting and building out the one that best suits our needs
- Building a design system to make collaboration across user experience, design and engineering smooth, and effortlessly give our visual user interfaces a consistent look and feel
- Automating our software delivery processes to make them fast, visible, and ensure we’re building quality in from the outset
- Taking centre stage in 3-day ‘hothouse’ sessions intensively collaborating on building software to solve a real business problem
What we’re looking for
Our values as a team are core to everything that we do:
Be happy to help: We all need help from time to time. Sometimes we don’t know it. We make it a point to look out for each other. Caring for each other and being helpful to one another is the foundation of our culture
Take pride in your work: Our future is fuelled by experiences made with passion and creativity. Passion inspires, motivates and makes magic happen. Big or small changes, they are all worth it.
Push boundaries: We don’t want to recreate the ordinary, we are here to rethink the future. Why are we building this product? Why do we need this service? Amazing experiences start by challenging the status quo.
Think freely, act quickly: We’ve cut the red tape to stop things holding you back. You can never be too young, too old or too new to have a say. You have autonomy.
Take responsibility and trust yourself and trust your team. Mistakes will happen, but with everyone we share together, we grow stronger.
We are a home to people with big smiles and small egos. Be kind, be humble, be supportive and professional – always!
At M&G Prudential we work hard to create an environment that enables everyone to flourish and we actively encourage diversity across the business. If you share our values, are passionate about technology and you’re headed for a 2:1, get in touch to start your journey.
- Start date: 6 September 2019
- Salary: Highly competitive
For more information and to apply, please visit
We assess applications as we receive them so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.