We are looking for a long term investment...
We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
To oversee direct tax compliance and reporting for M&G Prudential’s real estate investments and some managed funds. The role covers a range of direct taxes including corporation tax, partnership tax, non-resident landlord income tax and withholding taxes.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
1. Oversight of UK and overseas direct tax compliance prepared by 3rd party suppliers for M&G Real Estate Funds and The Prudential Assurance Company’s property investments.
• Facilitating the preparation of UK direct tax compliance e.g. partnership returns, investor tax vouchers outsourced to Big 4 suppliers. Oversight of the end-to end process including finalisation of returns for Head of Tax’s submission sign off.
• Oversight of overseas direct tax returns e.g. for Luxembourg, Australia, Canada and the US prepared by 3rd party suppliers. Management of whole process including communication between 3rd party suppliers, internal accounting teams and fund administrators.
• Review of CT 61/withholding returns prepared by fund administrators.
• Management of relationships with a range of 3rd party suppliers of compliance services.
2. UK direct tax compliance set up and implementation for new property investments.
• Working closely with Transactions team colleagues to identify and ensure post transaction direct tax compliance obligations are met.
• Operation of the Non-Resident Landlord Scheme e.g. letting agent registration and gross approval.
• Monitoring of s198 elections and capital allowances including working closely with 3rd party advisors.
• Responsible for ensuring any tax agent registration and all associated compliance administration.
3. PAC property compliance:
• Oversight and review of The Prudential Assurance Company’s property investment tax computation schedules, which are prepared in house.
• Review of One-Source drafted tax computations of UK property subsidiaries, property management companies and Non-Resident Landlord Income tax returns.
4. Quarterly tax reporting and tax for statutory accounts for property entities.
• Oversee reporting packs and statutory accounts disclosures (where required) for main PAC pack and all individual property reporting packs.
5. Oversight of two permanent Senior Tax Specialists within the property compliance team, including performance management responsibilities.
6. Other UK property matters
• Oversight of other property related UK direct taxes e.g. ATED, UK Withholding tax and NRCGT which are prepared in house by Senior Tax Specialists.
• Working closely with wider Group tax colleagues on compliance related matters for all property entities e.g. Country by Country Reporting and Senior Accounting Officer certification.
• Working closely with other Real Estate tax and Group tax colleagues to monitor direct tax compliance implications of any tax consultations, legislation changes etc to M&G Prudential’s property investment.
7. Improve processes and documentation
• Documentation of all M&G Prudential’s property investments, both UK and overseas, to act as a reference document which can be maintained and updated.
• Working closely with the varies internal stakeholders e.g. operations and accounting colleagues to facilitate understanding and documentation of compliance processes.
What we are looking for:
You will have knowledge and experience of UK direct tax compliance, ideally with a real estate focus. Familiarity with capital gains calculations and typical property holding structures is key for this role, in particular UK corporation tax / non-resident landlords / non-resident Unit Trusts and Limited Partnerships. It is essential for you to have strong analytical skills. Able to understand, question and challenge a range of financial data. You will be a motivated team player with a diligent and detailed approach to completing tasks and strong project management skills. You will be a confident individual with superior oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external parties. It is highly important for you to have a flexible and adaptable approach to your work.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.