We are looking for a long term investment...
Product Governance Manager
Working with M&G Prudential as a Product Governance Manager means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the most loved and most successful saving & investments business.
The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation.
If you’re inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
This is a role that is business critical given the importance of maintaining within a robust and define framework a set of fund legal documents which supports the growth of the business, whilst protecting its integrity and meeting all regulatory requirements.
You will focus on the end to end management of the fund legal documentation by building, coordinating and delivering from a regulatory perspective product and regulatory changes.
The Product team is responsible for providing direction and leadership in respect of the product strategy, product development and on-going management of the products distributed to retail clients. The objective of the Product team is to actively support the company’s long-term strategy and ambition to offer internationally a broad range of investment solutions across all major asset classes, which meet the needs of customers.
The Product Governance Team is an integral part of the Product department and is primarily responsible for:
• Maintaining and developing a robust product governance structure which puts customers at the heart of the product lifecycle, is embedded within the product development and management process and applied through the entire product lifecycle
• Managing strategically the legal fund documentation and regulatory approval process to comply with all relevant regulations, successfully deliver business changes and meet best industry practices
The product range is predominantly made of UK and Luxembourg domiciled funds which are distributed across Europe and increasingly in Asia and Latin America.
• Proactively manage and deliver updates of fund legal documents (including prospectuses, KIIDs and PRIIP KIDs, and risk profiles) up to regulatory approval to ensure that business, product, regulatory changes are implemented in a timely and compliant manner
• Own and lead the fund registration process for new and existing funds, and define ongoing obligations post-registration across various countries with the aim of efficiently supporting the internationalisation of the company and the distribution strategy of the products
• Support the Product Development team by providing guidance on strategic projects, product design, registration, regulatory developments and implementation processes
• Produce product reports for board meetings
• Engage and build an effective partnership across the company with a range of stakeholders including Compliance, Legal and Marketing teams, project managers, external legal advisers, management company and fund boards
• Aims to identify opportunities to improve the product governance framework and the product development and management process through challenging existing process, making recommendations and implementing enhancements
You will have
• Previous experience in the asset management industry with a background in product management/governance, legal and/or compliance team
• Strong understanding of pooled product structures with proven expertise in the management and production of fund legal documents and regulatory approval process of regulated UCITS (Luxembourg SICAV) and OEICs investment management products
• Excellent technical knowledge of the fund registration process in Luxembourg and in the UK including the cross-border passporting of funds in the EU, Asia and Latin America. Demonstrates a solid grasp of the technology and systems supporting the filing requirements with regulators and external parties of legal documents
• Solid project management and multi-tasking skills with ability to prioritise workload in a fast paced environment
• Respect rules and guidelines with attention to detail, while being a critical thinker demonstrating ability to create solutions and learn new concepts
• Excellent communication skills to build relationships across the business in an international environment
• Team player, self-motivated and enthusiastic with ability to work independently
• German, French and/or Italian languages is a definitive advantage
People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It’s also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that’s totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you’ll get all the support you’d expect, including full training and professional development. You’ll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you’ll join an organisation that’s leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.