We are looking for a long term investment...
Working with M&G Prudential as a Head of Derivative Operations means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the best loved and most successful savings & investments business.
The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation.
If you’re inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
This is a Senior Leadership role where you will be responsible for managing and leading a team and managing internal and external relationships.
You will be required to make key decisions, stay abreast of market trends within the industry, and provide the function with strategic direction.
You will be responsible for setting market strategies and approaches, providing product construction assistance, supporting Fund Manager portfolio construction, and be involved in Fund Management and Trading Liaison.
Senior Leadership role, responsible for managing and Leading the Derivative Operations function. Derivative Operations are responsible for Collateral management and the processing of all ETD and OTC Derivative transactions (post execution) including confirmation, instruction, settlement and life cycle management.
• Agreeing accountabilities, objectives and targets for the area and monitoring performance against targets set.
• Developing an organisational structure and employing appropriately trained and qualified individuals
• Cultivating relationships with main Stakeholders including Clearing Brokers and Houses
• Developing business processes which make appropriate use of technology
• Provide function with strategic direction considering Regulatory, Industry and technology changes and requirements from our Clients
• Identifying and mitigating operational risks
• Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements associated with all activities
• Providing advice and expertise to all in-house Stakeholders
• Represent M&G Externally in respect of Collateral and Derivatives
• Collateral and Clearing House and Clearing Broker Day-to-day Management and Oversight
• Management of Change initiatives impacting the function
• Market monitoring and M&G’s response
• Disaster Management of the failure of any derivative counterparty, clearer or broker.
To be successful in this position it is essential you have extensive experience in the Derivative Operations space and can demonstrate strong leadership skills and managing through change.
You will be adept at managing relationships both internal and external and have significant experience in managing 3rd parties at a strategic level.
People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It’s also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that’s totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you’ll get all the support you’d expect, including full training and professional development. You’ll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you’ll join an organisation that’s leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.