Energy, Originality, Conviction...
Associate/Senior Associate - Property Research Analyst
M&G Real Estate is the property investment business of M&GPrudential. We are one of the world's largest property investors with £33.13bn* of assets under management across all the major sectors in the UK, Europe, Asia and North America. Drawing on 150 years of investment experience, we actively manage our properties to maximise returns and generate a strong income stream for institutional investors.
Working with M&G Real Estate as a Property Research Analyst as Associate/Senior Associate means becoming part of the M&GPrudential brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the best loved and most successful savings & investments business.
If you’re inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
An opportunity has arisen for a Property Research Analyst to join our London-based Property Research Team as an Associate/Senior Associate to produce views on both the rental growth and prospective total returns outlook for relevant parts of the UK and international property markets. You will use this in combination with portfolio analysis to provide strategic recommendations and inform decision-making for M&G Real Estate client funds (both direct and indirect). As a team you will be developing new ideas, methodologies, processes and products to aid the performance of M&G Real Estate client funds and develop M&G Real Estate’s business.
The Property Research Team (PRT) is comprised of ten individuals based in London and two team members based in Singapore. Research and advice developed by the PRT supports the acquisition and disposal activities of our broader Investment Mangers across the UK, Continental Europe and Asia Pacific and North America regions. The Research function is a critical aspect of our business, helping to ensure that the business is alive to current and future trends in global real estate markets activity.
Your key responsibilities will be:
• Assemble and interpret national, regional and local economic and property market information to create views about rental growth, pricing and prospective total returns for property markets in the UK and other global regions as required. This information will be assembled both from literature, maintained databases, and from meetings with investment professionals.
• Through original work and thorough critical review of others’ work, develop views on rental growth, pricing and prospective total returns for parts of the UK and global property markets as specified.
• Assist in the construction of the FAIRVAL Handbook (local-level market assumptions and forecasts for use in M&G RE’s proprietary system FAIRVAL which assesses value in property investments). As required, assist investment professionals with the supply of FAIRVAL inputs for markets not covered on a regularised basis and other requests as necessary.
• Write reports to support the views held on rental growth and prospective returns. These will form the basis of the UK and international Real Estate Outlook output and other market debriefs as required.
• Analyse Fund positioning and strategy, liaising with Fund Managers and the PAU (Portfolio Analysis Unit). Formulate investment strategy recommendations and determine portfolio risk, and contribute to the setting of investment objectives.
• As requested, produce reports and presentations giving M&G Real Estate client funds advice on the strategies they should adopt given views on market prospects. These reports will need to show cognisance of the risk tolerances of those client funds.
• Complete ad-hoc queries and research projects. As requested or as specified in the PRT Work Programme, write papers on specific topics that advance the knowledge of M&G Real Estate and PRT. These may be for internal consumption or for external publication.
• As requested, produce research papers and presentations for public/external consumption to help M&G RE’s sales and marketing efforts. This may include involvement in pitches to clients.
• As required, help to assess specific proposed transactions, both in the UK and overseas.
• Contribute to the performance measurement work of the Portfolio Analysis Unit (PAU), by assisting in portfolio analysis work on various funds to help inform forward-looking strategy.
• Help maintain databases, as required, to support the above activities.
• To understand and demonstrate positive behaviours in line with our Attributes/Expectations.
• To understand the Company's Sustainability vision and apply the Sustainability Strategy as appropriate for your role.
• To understand the Health and Safety responsibilities appropriate for your role and ensure that they are undertaken in accordance with the relevant Company policies, procedures and guidelines. This includes responsibilities relating to your own H&S and others affected by your actions. Any concerns relating to H&S risks must be escalated to your line Manager and the Company's H&S Manager.
• The specific allocation of responsibilities may change from time to time as team planning requires or for staff development purposes
You will have:
It is essential for you to have Property Research experience along with substantial quantitative analytical skills and a high level of literacy and written skills. You will ideally have a degree in economics or related subject or experience of working in an environment which uses economic skills and analysis. It will be a great advantage for the development of the team for you to have data scientist experience however this is not essential for the role. We are looking for you to have completed the IMC or a desire to study this qualification.
People who work at M&GPrudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It’s also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that’s totally focused on customers. As an M&GPrudential colleague you’ll get all the support you’d expect, including full training and professional development. You’ll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you’ll join an organisation that’s leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
M&GPrudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.