We are looking for a long term investment...
Working with M&G Prudential as an Analyst means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to be the most loved and most successful saving & investments business.
The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation.
If you’re inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
As an Analyst, you will lead small to medium sized analysis work and support larger and more complex initiatives. You will be responsible for managing stakeholder relationships on behalf of the team. You will understand and analyse user and business needs and will typically create the link between current and future business models and the consequential business architecture. You facilitate collaboration and communication with all stakeholders to support design, build and delivery to meet the user needs.
• Evidence strong problem solving skills by carefully weighing up options and involving appropriate individuals in making decisions of varying complexity collaboratively
• State the problem clearly, perform logical, structured and detailed analysis to capture a range of internal and external factors, and take into account any gaps between AS IS and TO BE processes
• Carry out effective analysis of qualitative and quantitative data and drive agreements for a desired future state addressing the business problems, end-user buy in and strategic enterprise objectives
• Translate user needs and articulate functional and non-functional requirements by using various techniques to carry out analysis such as business process flows, wireframes, story maps etc.
• Check their assumptions, question people when unsure of matters, challenge high level solution assumptions and analyse data from a variety of sources, sifting key information from the trivial
• Understand, apply and use the standards and tools M&G Pru Analysts use (e.g. JIRA, VISIO, ProcessFlows, etc.)
• Begin to facilitate meetings/workshops and be able to manage stakeholder relationships on behalf of the team to achieve ‘buy in’
• Prioritise and break down complex problems to small analysis tasks to help estimation and delivery
• Provide estimates for analysis work, prioritise tasks whilst agreeing roles and responsibilities with others and present the approach to more senior Analysts
• Keep stakeholders informed of progress and issues, influence where appropriate, and be comfortable in explaining concepts to people with different levels of business & technical knowledge, varying style and content to suit the audience
• Start developing a Subject Matter Expertise (SME), enhance technical knowledge and attend conferences within and outside the firm
• Develop a good understanding of Agile frameworks, methodologies and tools and know how to apply them in their working environment
• Be able to work in a cross functional Scrum team and begin to feel more confident working with the team to analyse and define high-level Epics and Stories to create a well-organised, value-driven Product backlog to provide the required business value
• Assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities and business impacts of potential solutions
• Challenge the user in clearly articulating and prioritising requirements to design efficient solutions demonstrating business/customer benefit with minimal oversight
• Create and present compelling business cases to justify the value of solutions and gain appropriate approval, funding and prioritisation under supervision of more experienced Analysts
• Identify and communicate requirements in and out of scope of the solution
• Have an appreciation for the technical architecture of the solution and be able to identify interdependencies across the wider architecture
• Demonstrate an understanding of product and business strategy when working on large/complex analysis initiatives
• Start becoming a guide in the Community by writing articles, blog posts and sharing ideas to help others implement best practices
This role is ideally suited to someone who can:
• Understand how my work contributes to the organisation's purpose and that energises me to perform at my best
• Take personal accountability, collaborate with colleagues, make effective decisions and help others operate at their best
• Operate in a fair, trustworthy, and genuine way with my colleagues and customers
• Give and receive feedback, be self-aware and be driven to learn and develop
• Find new solutions to business problems, drawing on a range of views and thinking creatively
• Welcome others' opinions and openly share my view
• Understand customer needs and adapt to the changing environment
• Learn quickly from my mistakes and act quickly rather than over-perfecting my work
• Simplify processes and escalate when faced with unnecessary procedures and complexity
• Listen and respond to the needs of customers and colleagues
• Identify and address the root cause of a problem, rather than just solving the symptoms
• Agree clear expectations and priorities based on the direction that is set for me
• Confidently and proactively make decisions which are within my control and see them through with energy and determination
• Operate in an efficient, commercial and customer focused way
• Deliver high quality work and have a strong sense of responsibility for my own and my team's performance
• Follow relevant controls and processes to ensure effective operational deliver
You will have:
• Strong business process and technology change expertise.
• Experience of requirements elicitation through direct interaction with business users and their processes (Interviews, observation and workshops)
• Logical, structured thought processes and good problem solving skills, as well as good relationship management skills and strong communication skills.
• Experience of working with senior business users required, alongside the ability to demonstrate initiative and work with minimum supervision.
• Be a highly adaptable individual who is expected to hit the ground running from the outset
• Have the flexibility and attitude to grasp any project across the portfolio with full confidence
People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It’s also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that’s totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you’ll get all the support you’d expect, including full training and professional development. You’ll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you’ll join an organisation that’s leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Recruiter: Beth Eckersley