We are looking for a long term investment...
Fund Administration and Reporting Analyst - Restructuring and Debt Solutions
Working with M&G Prudential as a Fund Administration and Reporting Analyst means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the most loved and most successful saving & investments business.
The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation.
If you’re inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
An exciting and challenging position has arisen to join the business side of the M&G’s Restructuring and Debt solutions team as a Fund Administration and Reporting Analyst.
As part of M&G’s Restructuring and Debt Solutions Team, within Fixed Income – the Business Management Team is responsible for the ongoing business management and operations of 16 institutional funds, focussed on investing in distressed debt and special situations.
Responsibilities of the team include management and oversight of existing funds, stakeholder reporting and working closely with the Fund Managers and investment professionals. The funds are complex, closed ended vehicles with performance related fees and usually have quarterly valuations. The investment strategies tend to be very interesting and given that portfolios are relatively undiversified, there is an opportunity to learn about each individual investment, in addition to understanding the Fund Managers strategy for entering, and exiting, each investment across various investment strategies.
Your key responsibilities will be:
• Ongoing assistance with the management and oversight of a portfolio of 16 funds, these responsibilities will include; o Daily monitoring of cash positions and currency exposure
- Proposing FX and cash management trades as necessary
- Analysis and oversight of NAV packs and financial reporting produced by Third Party Administrators
- Supporting operation actions related to Client Drawdowns and Distributions.
- Assisting with fund launches, fund terminations and updates of existing fund documentation
- Working with finance to process fund related invoices and M&G recharges
• Update Stakeholder reporting including;
- Weekly portfolio reporting for Fund Managers
- Investment level performance calculations and investment management fee costs
- Solvency II Reporting / Asset level reporting
- Liaising with Third party Administrators for producing data and reporting for ad-hoc client queries
- Regular reporting to the Board of Directors of each Fund and to Internal M&G meetings
• Working with Fund Manager and Investment Analyst team on multiple fund related tasks;
- Instrument and data set up on investment systems; liaising with M&G Operations and third parties
- Raising deals and posting trades for Investments (private and public transactions)
- Operating the cash management on deals
- Ensuring data on systems is accurate and robust to enable efficient portfolio management and data extraction
- Maintaining a new deal pipeline and hosting a weekly Team meeting (with all Investment Professionals)
You will have:
We are looking for you to have FX knowledge or Front office experience with effective analytical and numerical skills. You will be client and delivery focussed with good planning and organisational skills. We are looking for a self-starter with effective problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail. It is important for you to have excellent communication skills and the ability to build good relationships internally and externally.
People who work at M&GPrudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It’s also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that’s totally focused on customers. As an M&GPrudential colleague you’ll get all the support you’d expect, including full training and professional development. You’ll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you’ll join an organisation that’s leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
M&GPrudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles