Energy, Originality, Conviction...
Working with M&G Prudential as a Associate within Fund Management means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to become the most loved and most successful saving & investments business.
The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation.
If you’re inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
As the Associate: Fund Management for the Asia Life Fund (the “Fund”), the candidate will provide overall support to the Fund Manager and Portfolio Manager in pursuit of the Fund’s objectives for a global real estate mandate (US / Europe / Asia Pacific exposure) across Direct and Indirect investments. This would include:
• Portfolio and performance analytics
• Investment / divestment analytics and transaction support
• External client reporting and internal management reporting
• Database, research and administrative support
Your key responsibilities will be:
Fund / Portfolio
• Ownership of fund model to support management decisions on portfolio management, including:
- Tactical asset allocation strategy,
- Acquisitions and divestments,
- Performance attribution & risk analysis,
- Capital management,
- Forecasting returns and liquidity,
- Scenario & impact analysis, and
• Monitor and provide analytical support on fund performance including hold / sell decisions and assessing tax impact, to ensure optimum returns to clients.
• Work with research on investment underwriting, to validate assumptions and conclusion, facilitate and build supporting information database.
• Ensure data integrity held on relevant systems; ensure consistency with fund model.
• Monitor and provide support to mitigate debt risks (including duration risk, interest rate risk, re-financing risk, compliance with covenants) and cash management (credit risk, concentration risk).
• Monitor environmental metrics at the fund / asset level and report on ESG objectives.
• Performance analysis of fund / asset including attribution analysis.
• Initial review and analysis of PPMs and/or pitch books and presentations.
• Support on acquisition/disposition transactions – direct asset and fund investments
• Maintain database of investment pipeline.
• On boarding of new investments (Due Diligence, AML, KYC, capital calls, etc.)
• Prepare reporting and presentations for Fund Manager.
• Project manage fund report and other reporting deliverables, including coordination with internal teams / fund manager to ensure timeliness and accuracy of reports.
• Corporate reporting, client reporting support and ad hoc analysis / requests.
Client Management / Administration
• Maintain list of correspondence of communication between Fund Manager and clients.
• Provide research and administration support to Fund Manager on client queries.
• Assist to maintain and execute document storage policy.
You will have:
• Degree in a property related discipline, finance or business
• Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, Argus Enterprise and MS Power Point.
• Several years’ experience in real estate investment/portfolio management.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the real estate & fund investment environment.
• To understand and demonstrate positive behaviours in line with our Attributes and Expectations.
• To understand the Company’s Sustainability vision and apply the Sustainability Strategy as appropriate for your role.
• To understand the Health and Safety responsibilities appropriate for your role and ensure that they are undertaken in accordance with the relevant Company policies, procedures and guidelines. This includes responsibilities relating to your own H&S and others affected by your actions. Any concerns relating to H&S risks must be escalated to your line Manager and the Company’s H&S Manager.
• Fulfil regulatory requirements, including timely completion of all regulatory training and declarations.
People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It’s also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that’s totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you’ll get all the support you’d expect, including full training and professional development. You’ll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you’ll join an organisation that’s leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.